Read on to find out about electricity providers in Killeen, TX.
Texas is the largest energy producing and energy consuming state in the country Killeen is a city in central Texas. It’s known for the Fort Hood military base. The base includes the 1st Cavalry Museum, featuring an outdoor exhibition of historic military vehicles. On the Central Texas College campus, the Mayborn Science Theater hosts planetarium shows. Lions Club Park has a swimming pool and a playground. East of the city, Temple Lake Park has picnic areas, a beach and bass-filled waters.
Find cheap and best electricity rates in Killeen
The goal for Everything Energy is to make shopping easy so that consumers can pick the right electricity plan for their family and lifestyle. Compare the best electric plan in Killeen Texas and shop electricity plans from the best energy providers.
Difference between Fixed and Variable plan
Electric companies provide two types of plans to their customers Fixed and Variable plan,
Fixed rates are sometimes called Secure or Term. These provide you with a fixed price for the length of your contract. They provide price security, but they usually have a cancellation fee if you switch away before the term is up. The cancellation fee is usually not applicable if you move.
Variable rate plans are sometimes called Flex plans or Month To Month plans. In this arrangement, there is no term length and you can switch providers anytime. However, your electricity rate can change each month. These plans don’t lock you into a commitment, so they are great for consumers that are in a short-term situation.
Understanding your Electricity bill
The Electricity Facts Label includes these items:
- Energy Rate – price per kWh for electricity
- Average Rate – price per kWh based on usage levels
- Base Charge – whether there’s a base monthly charge or minimum usage fee.
- Delivery Charges – charges from your local utility company. Sometimes these are included with the energy rate.
- Contract Length – number of months in your contract agreement
- Type of Plan – fixed, variable or index
- Early Termination Fee – fee that you will pay if you cancel your contract before the end of your contract term.
- Percentage of Renewable Content
- Contact Information for the Retail Energy Provider
How is the Electricity Bill Calculated?
A typical electric bill calculation with information from the EFL looks something like this:
(Energy Charge x kWh used) + Fixed TDSP fee + (Variable TDSP fee x kWh used) + Other Fixed Monthly Charge = Estimated Electricity Bill
To calculate your average price per kWh:
Estimated Electricity Bill/kWh used = Average $/kWh