Lubbock has grown into a vibrant and bustling city. While many things have changed since its incorporation in 1909, one thing has remained the same: Lubbock continues to be known for the charm and hospitality of its people.
Today, Lubbock is the crossroads of culture in West Texas. It is the hub of art exhibits, award-winning wineries, live music, theatrical performances and more. Thanks to its thriving and increasingly diverse art and culture scene, Lubbock attracts millions of visitors every year.
Find cheap and best electricity rates in Lubbock
The goal for Everything Energy is to make shopping easy so that consumers can pick the right electricity plan for their family and lifestyle. Compare the best electric plan in Lubbock, Texas and shop electricity plans from the best energy providers.
Difference between Fixed and Variable plans
Fixed rates are sometimes called Secure or Term. These provide you with a fixed price for the length of your contract. They provide price security, but they usually have a cancellation fee if you switch away before the term is up. The cancellation fee is usually not applicable if you move.
Variable rate plans are sometimes called Flex plans or Month To Month plans. In this arrangement, there is no term length and you can switch providers anytime. However, your electricity rate can change each month. These plans don’t lock you into a commitment, so they are great for consumers that are in a short-term situation.
Understanding your Electricity bill
The Electricity Facts Label includes these items:
- Energy Rate – price per kWh for electricity
- Average Rate – price per kWh based on usage levels
- Base Charge – whether there’s a base monthly charge or minimum usage fee.
- Delivery Charges – charges from your local utility company. Sometimes these are included with the energy rate.
- Contract Length – number of months in your contract agreement
- Type of Plan – fixed, variable or index
- Early Termination Fee – fee that you will pay if you cancel your contract before the end of your contract term.
- Percentage of Renewable Content
- Contact Information for the Retail Energy Provider
How is the Electricity Bill Calculated?
A typical electric bill calculation with information from the EFL looks something like this:
(Energy Charge x kWh used) + Fixed TDSP fee + (Variable TDSP fee x kWh used) + Other Fixed Monthly Charge = Estimated Electricity Bill
To calculate your average price per kWh:
Estimated Electricity Bill/kWh used = Average $/kWh